1. He loves animals. Yeah, he might be a big guy but get him around some parrots and he turns into a softie or as Gortat put it so eloquently "Man this bird [is] like dog!!! U can play with him!:) i want one!!!"
2. Gortat is known to have rebounding superpowers, which was quite evident in Game 5.
Which also brings about a striking resemblance to Avatar Aang of the Last Airbender:
3. He has his own tribute rap song in Polish! I think it is safe to say that he is the ONLY NBA player to achieve that accomplishment.
4. Gortat's Polish car puts Alfred Morris's 1991 Mazda 626 to shame.
5. Gortat's ex-girlfriend of 5 years is Polish model Anna Kociuga......
If you are heading out to root for Gortat & the Wizards at the Verizon Center tonight, make sure you bring your voice box in tune and prepare to get very loud. Need some pre-game food or a drink(s) ideas -- head over to Zengo for some Latin / Asian inspired tapas & a cold Mojito, Redline for some sliders & an ice cold on-tap draft, or Matchbox Chinatown for a Fire & Smoke pizza & an Alagash White.